(Unless otherwise indicated, photos by Don of www.Wakamow.com)
(Click on the picture to goto that page)
Located at the south western end of Wakamow.
Off of 9th Avenue SW.
In 2019 the "Callenge Course" playground was built, replacing most of the previous playground,
as well as new washrooms.
End of the Line.
A very popular amusement park called Kingsway Park once occupied this site.
In its heyday from about 1912 through the 1920's, as many as 5,000 people would
flock to the park during the May long weekend. Attractions included a dance hall,
shooting gallery, ferris wheel, merry-go-round, red dog casino, swimming area, boat
rental and children's play area. The park was easy to get to because it was located
at the end of the streetcar line. In fact, the Moose Jaw Electric Railway company
built Kingsway Park, in order to attract Sunday riders and increase revenues.
The streetcar service lasted until 1931; after that, Kingsway Park bus excursions
were scheduled but were short lived due to a lack of success.
Connor Park is named for George Connor, the last owner of the Electric Railway
Company. After the streetcars quit running, he purchased part of Kingsway Park
and built a couple of cabins, including one converted from an old streetcar.
The amusement park, like the Electric Railway Company, came to the end of the line
long ago. However, the roof of the old dance hall lives on as the roof of the
present day pavillion.
(Information from the Information Sign near the pavillion)